Being part of the Parent Council at Hazlehead Academy provides a fantastic opportunity to have a voice in the running of the school and to find out about all aspects of school life without a significant time commitment.
Making a Difference
Some of the many recent Parent Council activities:-
- Participating in the process of seeking a new set of Values for Hazlehead Academy.
- Contributing to discussion on achievement at Hazlehead Academy.
- Meeting regularly during the course of the year.
- Provide panel members for interviewing senior staff.
Joining the Parent Council
Being a Parent Council member benefits both the school and parents. The school gets parental input and feedback. The parents find out information on how their child is taught, how the school operates and how it deals with all aspects of school life. Parents also get to know the school management team & staff. Joining the Parent Council has a minimal time commitment. We meet 6 times during the academic session with meetings usually lasting no more than an hour.
Contacting the Parent Council
Should you wish to join the Parent Council, or wish to discuss any aspect of the school’s operation, please get in touch. There are a number of ways to get in touch with the Parent Council:
- Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your subject ‘For the Attention of Parent Council’
- Leave a message at the School Office marked ‘Parent Council’.
- Print off and complete this Parent-Council-Application-Form.docx (112 downloads) . Send in to Hazlehead Academy, Groats Road, Aberdeen, AB15 8BE.
- Use the “your view” section at the top of the school website.
Parent Council Meetings
Parent Council meetings are arranged throughout the year. Please find the agenda and minutes for all meetings below.
Minutes of meetings (click on below)
Annual General Meetings (click on below)
Keep up with School News
School website updates are completed frequently to keep up to date with all of the news from Hazlehead Academy.