Welcome from Mr Purdie

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as Headteacher of Hazlehead Academy.  Having worked in the North East for over 20 years I am honoured and privileged to be leading such a great school and excited about taking the school forward, working with all our partners, to shape its future.

At Hazlehead Academy our aim is to provide the very best educational experiences and opportunities but also to develop our young people as leaders and responsible citizens who will make a huge difference to the school community and beyond.  We work in partnership with our parents and carers, our associated primary schools, members of the local community, other partners in learning and most importantly, our young people.

The website will provide some introductory information for existing and prospective parents, pupils, new staff and other school partners and friends and as we continue to develop our website we are very keen to hear your views.  If you have any thoughts or suggestions please let us know via the “Your View” tab.  In the meantime I hope that you will find the information useful and please get in touch if you would like further detail or clarification.

jim-purdie